From bulky items to yard waste, as Ottawa junk removal specialists we’ve seen it all. Over the years we’ve hauled away just about anything you can think of – from a wide range of residences, businesses and commercial properties.
You might be thinking about tackling a home renovation or some major clean-up around your house. Here’s how junk removal can help.
Common Residential Junk Removal
The most common reasons for junk removal in Ottawa are:
Special Item Removal
In the National Capital Region, there are quite a few items that the waste management crews will not accept on your weekly curbside garbage collection. These items can include anything from electronics to bulky items.
The reason for these waste restrictions is for the safety of the crews.
Certain items require a special disposal process. Examples of special items include:
- Computers & Monitors
- Telephones & Cellphones
Hiring an Ottawa junk removal company will save you the hassle of figuring out where the next electronics drop-off is taking place or what materials can be disposed of where.
If these items end up in landfills, they can actually cause more harm than good.
Debris From A Home Project
Ottawa’s weekly waste collection crews are not equipped to handle large amounts of debris from home renovation projects.
The City of Ottawa actually requires you to make your own arrangements for the removal of debris from your property.
The following items are not included in Ottawa’s waste collection:
- Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dryers, dishwashers, hot water tanks, or furnaces. These appliances usually include chemicals that need to be removed and tagged by a certified technician before being disposed of at a landfill.
- Construction material such as plaster, wood, drywall, concrete, asphalt…etc.
- Glass such as windows, drinking glasses, dishes, mirrors, light bulbs…etc.
These items either require a special disposal process or the waste crews are not properly equipped to break down larger material to fit in their trucks.
If you plan on completing a home renovation, plan ahead with a professional junk removal crew to ensure that you can safely dispose of the items you no longer want.
The City of Ottawa includes yard waste removal in their weekly garbage collection.
However, it only occurs once a week and they have certain restrictions on the weight of the yard waste.
Some of the restrictions that apply are:
- Yard waster bags and bundles should be no more than 15 kg (33 lb) in weight
- Branches are to be tied in bundles of less than 1.2 cm (4 ft.) in length and 60 cm (2ft.) in width
- Individual branches should be less than 10 cm (4 in) in diameter
- Plastic bags are not allowed for bagging leaf and yard waste
- No logs or stumps
During the fall or the start of spring, people tend to have higher volumes of yard waste to get picked up. This comprises leaves, branches, grass and other debris that has a tendency to swirl around and accumulate.
Rather than having the bags lined up outside your home waiting for your regular collection day, you can use a professional junk removal service to collect everything for you.
The benefit of this is getting rid of the yard waste as soon as you’re done and the junk removal crews will do all the heavy lifting! You don’t have to wait until the next pick-up day, which can be especially bothersome if it rains or snows, or if bugs and/or rodents get into the yard waste bags.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Junk Removal in Ottawa
There are a few benefits when it comes to hiring a professional junk removal service as opposed to dealing with the junk yourself, including:
Working with a professional junk removal company will ensure that the items you are getting rid of are disposed of properly and legally.
Even if you take the time to bring items to a landfill yourself, there is no guarantee that they will take it in the end.
Our crews are knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to the disposal requirements for special items.
Junk and waste removal is hard work and having to deal with hauling and disposing of your junk can be time-consuming.
Allowing a professional junk removal company to do all the heavy lifting will allow you to worry less about the clean-up!
Dealing with large quantities of junk or bulky items can be potentially dangerous.
Cuts and back strains are the most common results of clearing and hauling junk.
Our crews are trained and equipped to safely dispose of your items, so trust them to get the job done safely and efficiently!
What Can Junk Ninja Take Care Of?
At Junk Ninja, our crews will haul any object that can be lifted by two people that are non-hazardous and located in the Ottawa area.
Materials and items such as:
- Furniture (Couches, Sofa-Beds, Mattresses, Chairs, Desks, Filing Cabinets, Tables, Wardrobes)
- Appliance Removal (Refrigerators, Freezers, Washer, Dryers, Microwaves, Dishwashers, Dehumidifiers)
- Garden Refuse (Branches, Logs, Grass, Leaves, Soil, Sod, Compost, Turf)
- Construction & Demolition Debris (Plaster, Drywall, Glass, Concrete, Bricks)
- Wood (Fencing, Firewood, Lumber, Plywood, Pallets)
- Roofing / Flooring (Tiles, Asphalt, Carpet, Ceramic & Wood Flooring, Shingles)
- Electronics (Televisions, Computers, Printers, Monitors, Fax Machines, Stereos)
- Household Items (Boxes, Books, Tools, Clothing, Bicycles, Lawn Mowers, Cardboard, Tires)
Let Junk Ninja take care of all your Ottawa junk removal needs. Contact us today to find out more and to get your free quote for junk removal in Ottawa and surrounding communities